Airwavz.tv is building an exciting portfolio of NextGen TV hardware and software technologies. Our team is small, extraordinarily collaborative and looking to thoughtfully grow as we expand our products and market reach.
Check out our job listings below and if interested, send us a message.
We are looking for a Lead Full Stack Engineer to lead development of our Windows, Android and iOS tools. This is a hands-on role where you will be building highly visible product features as well as mentoring new hires and team members.
Lead a team of talented Full Stack Software Engineers
• Manage, coach, and mentor developers
• Actively provide feedback on code and design reviews
• Participate in recruiting and team building activities
Work with a cutting edge technology stack
• Build new features in React JS for our single page web app and Inbox extensions
• Leverage the latest and greatest ES6 features
• Work with a modern development toolchain involvingBabel ( https://babeljs.io/ ) andJSPM ( http://jspm.io/ )
• Test your code with a real client-side testing story based onMocha ( https://github.com/mochajs/mocha ),Chai ( https://github.com/chaijs/chai ), andEnzyme ( https://github.com/airbnb/enzyme )
• Develop backend API functionality in Ruby on Rails
Build highly visible, customer-facing features
• Collaborate closely with Product, Design, and Technical Support teams to enable new customer-facing features and solve existing pain points
Help to build a world-class API
• Collaborate closely with our back-end developers to consume and improve our internal API based on JSON API
• Understand and help improve our overall client-side caching and data loading story
• Dig in and dive deep into the details with our Ruby and Go back-end when necessary
Our Vision of You
Ideally you are a hands-on developer who is experienced in managing a team of 3+ engineers as well as designing and building complex software systems. We’d like for you to have in-depth experience with Ruby on Rails and React. You should have the ability to lead development of a vertical slice of product in both the front-end and back-end.
Other key qualities we would like you to possess:
• You have a good eye for design and you pay attention to the details; imperfection bugs you
• You take pride in building quality products that delight users
• You strive to find clean solutions to complex technical problems
• You go above and beyond to help your team
• You are honest, admit mistakes, and own fixing them
• You are a motivated and talented craftsperson: always looking to sharpen and adapt your skills
• You are self-aware and can collaborate successfully with technical and affective oriented personalities
• You are hands on and excited about building things
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring NextGen TV to the commercial market, and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to bring the next generation of digital TV to everyone in the United States. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
To fulfill our mission, we are doubling down on our investments and redesigning our platform from the ground up. As part of this investment, we are looking for Sr. Embedded/IoT Software Developers.
This is a rare, greenfield opportunity to make a difference, in a fun, supportive environment. Airwavz.tv has already revolutionized NextGen TV with a kit that connects hardware, and an SDK that provide a solution for helping deploy ATSC 3.0. You will develop the next-generation IoT platform and Machine Vision system with best-in-class HD video and audio codecs. You will build NextGen broadcast ing tools, and you will work closely with our Electrical Engineering team, Cloud platform team, RF engineering team, our Manufacturing team, and our customers.
You will spend most of your time crafting and developing high-impact components such as the vision subsystem, event management, connection management and security subsystem. You will design and implement device drivers, middleware, and application modules on the device. You may help optimize embedded software for power consumption, image & audio quality, and bandwidth usage. As a Sr. Engineer, you will also guide other specialists and collaborate with Airwavz.tv teams and vendors to deliver an integrated solution.
○ Embedded Linux
○ Qualcomm Chipset
○ You should have excellent interpersonal skills
○ 3+ years of experience designing, developing and supporting IoT applications, preferably on Embedded Linux
○ You will be mentoring new members of this team, so strong leadership skills are preferred.
○ Experience with scripting languages (e.g. python)
○ Deep understanding of some of the following: Video Playback, Video Streaming, ATSC 3.0 and 1.0, USB, Ethernet, Wireless (BT, BLE, WiFi, LTE), and IoT cloud integration
○ Proven experience writing lightweight design/interface documents
○ Deep knowledge of unit testing and system testing
○ Ability to read schematics and understand electronic circuitry
Nice to Haves
○ Deep experience with SE-Linux and/or working knowledge of Yocto/Open-embedded build-system
○ Experience Qualcomm SoC (e.g. 8053) and bare metal development
○ Experience writing software with robust fault detection, reporting, and recovery
○ Experience with Real-time streaming, video codecs
○ Experience building system test-harnesses